For more information,
call 080-4260 4600
For Online Enquiry,
To register for this program,
This program is
The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research. The test is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the UGC-CSIR NET for other science subjects, viz., Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Earth Atmospheric Ocean & Planetary Sciences, jointly with the UGC. The tests are conducted twice a year, generally in the months of June and December. For candidates who desire to pursue research, the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is available for five years, subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. UGC has allocated a number of fellowships to the universities for candidates who qualify the test for JRF. The JRFs are awarded to the meritorious candidates from among the candidates qualifying for eligibility for lectureship in the NET.
Become a NET-JRF Achiever
Candidates preparing for the demanding NET can now look forward to learning support - from NET-JRF Achiever, a focused training program from BASE.
Content: NET has three parts, viz., A, B and C. Part A is general. NET-JRF Achiever will focus on Parts B and C, which pertain to the subject being assessed. The entire program will be delivered by top-of-the-line teachers.
Methodology: The program duration is 200 hours, comprising of 100 sessions of 2 hours duration. The entire program will be delivered on the Internet. Classes will be pre-recorded and made available to students as per schedule. Sessions will be available for the students throughout the course.
Worksheets or exercises are made available online (these are not downloadable). There will be on-line tests every fortnight.
Who Can Attend
M.Sc./ Ph.D in Physics or Mathematics
- Aspiring to become a
degree college/university lecturer or
Delivered through Internet
Since several participants are likely to be working professionals, and spread across the country, NET-JRF Achiever program will be delivered through Internet. This also enables them to pursue the program with flexible timings. The learning processes are proven to be effective. There will be continuous assessment and grading.
Contact Classes: There will be 4-5 online contact classes for participants to interact with the faculty. At the end of the program, there will be 4-5 full-length practice papers.
Queries: Participants can also post their queries, which will be answered periodically by faculty.
Admissions are open for June 2013 batches for professionals meeting the eligibility criteria. For details, call us at 080-4260 4600 / 95381 41504 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And trust a leader to make you a NET-JRF Achiever
Click here to view Sample Demo Videos
About the Teachers
Prof C. Raghavendra Rao
• M.Sc. from Mysore University and Ph.D. from I.I.Sc., Bangalore
• 1965-2000: Faculty in PG Department of Physics, Bangalore University
• Retired as Chairman of the Department • 2007-11: Guest faculty in Jain University
Prof S. K. Nataraj
• M.Sc. and Ph.D. from Mysore University
• 1969-2007: Faculty in Physics Department, Sahyadri Science College
• 1992-2002: Guest faculty in Kuvempu University
Prof R. Balakrishnan
• M.Sc. and Ph.D. from Madras University
• 1969-2003: Faculty in PG Department of Madras Christian College, Tambaram, Chennai
Prof A. V. Gopala Rao
• M.Sc. and Ph.D. from Mysore University
• 1968-2003: Faculty in PG Department of Physics at Mysore University
Dr. Sampath Kumar
• Ph.D. from Madras Varsity; M.Sc from Mysore Varsity
• 1968 - 2004 member of the faculty at Mangalore Varsity
• Published a number of papers and guided research
• Specializes in pure Mathematics
Dr. V. G. Tikekar
• Ph.D in Applied Mathematics from I.I.Sc., Bangalore
• Worked in the Dept. of Applied Mathematics at I.I.Sc. for around 35 years in various capacities including Chairman of the Dept.
• Published over 100 research papers in numerous scientific journals
• Won over a dozen awards for contributions in Mathematics and Statistics
• Trained teachers on the methods of teaching through workshops
Prof. M. N. Anandaram
• Ph.D. from University of Victoria, Canada
• Four decades teaching and research experience in PG Bangalore University
• Professor of Physics, Bangalore university
• Retired as chairperson of Physics department, Bangalore University; Published a number of research papers and guided research
• Academic consultant at IGNOU: 2008-10
• Specializes in Astrophysics
Dr. S. Manjunath
• M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics
• Working as Professor & HOD in Department of Mathematics, B.N.M. Institute of Technology
• Published 26 research papers in national / international journals / conference proceedings