Everything you need to know about KVPY applications
The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started in 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science. The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented and motivated students to pursue a career in research.
There is a certain eligibility criterion which the candidates must fulfill.
- General/OBC 75% Aggregate in Maths and Science Class X
- SC/ST/OBC 65% Aggregate in Maths and Science Class X
Candidates can check their eligibility for various streams offered at KVPY through this link. If the candidate fulfills the above-mentioned criterion, he/she can go ahead with the application process.The application process, however, is very simple for KVPY.
NOTE- Application for KVPY-2017 is done online only on http://kvpy.online-ap1.com/.
There are three steps to complete your application successfully;
- Step 1. Registration.
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test center and uploading photo, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Step 3. Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the fees only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done either by using a credit card/ATM-Debit card/Net Banking or by downloading an e-challan from the application portal. No other means of payment will be accepted. Once payment is successful and application submitted no refund will be done.
The application fee for KVPY-2017 are as follows:
- For General Category/OBC: Rs. 1000
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500
It is strongly recommended that candidates read the instructions carefully before attempting to fill the online application.
- Last Date for Applying : 23rd August 2017
- Exam Date : 5 Nov
KVPY Online aptitude test 2017 will be held in the following 54 cities:
- Agarthala(Tripura), Agra(Uttar Pradesh), Ahmedabad(Gujarat), Allahabad(Uttar Pradesh), Ambala(Haryana), Aurangabad(Maharashtra), Belagavi(Karnataka), Bengaluru(Karnataka), Bhopal(Madhya Pradesh), Bhubaneshwar(Orissa), Calicut(Kerala), Chandigarh(Chandigarh), Chennai(Tamil Nadu), Coimbatore(Tamil Nadu), Dehradun(Uttarakhand), Delhi(Delhi-NCR), Durgapur(West Bengal), Eranakulam(Kerala), Faridabad(Delhi-NCR), Ghaziabad(Delhi-NCR), Guwahati(Assam), Huballi(Karnataka), Hyderabad(Telangana), Indore(Madhya Pradesh), Jaipur(Rajasthan), Jalandhar(Punjab), Jammu(Jammu & Kashmir), Jamshedpur(Jharkhand), Jodhpur(Rajasthan), Kanpur(Uttar Pradesh), Kolkata(West Bengal), Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh), Madurai(Tamil Nadu), Mangaluru(Karnataka), Mohali (Punjab), Mumbai (Maharashtra), Mysuru(Karnataka), Nagpur(Maharashtra), Noida (Delhi-NCR), Pallakad (Kerala), Patna(Bihar), Pune(Maharashtra), Raipur(Chhattisgarh), Rajkot(Gujarat), Ranchi(Jharkhand), Rourkela(Orissa), Salem(Tamil Nadu), Siliguri(West Bengal), Thrissur(Kerala), Trivandrum(Kerala), Vadodara(Gujarat), Varanasi(Uttar Pradesh), Vijayawada(Andhra Pradesh), Visakhapatnam(Andhra Pradesh)